Boykin Spaniel Foundation
BYLAWS OF THE BOYKIN SPANIEL FOUNDATION
The name of the Corporation shall be:
THE BOYKIN SPANIEL FOUNDATION
and it is sometimes referred to in these Bylaws as the Foundation.
1. The purposes for which the Foundation is formed are to further by clinical
study, Iaboratory and genetic research, and publication the knowledge of chronic
diseases in Boykin Spaniels and other canines and the application of such knowledge
to the prevention and treatment of these diseases. The Foundation is not formed for
pecuniary or financial gain, and no part of the assets, income, or profit of the
Foundation is distributable to, or inures to the benefit of its directors or officers. No
substantial part of the activities of the Foundation shall be the carrying on of
propaganda, or othenrise attempting, to influence legislation, and the Foundation shall
not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distribution of statements)
any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office.
1. The Foundation shall have one member:
The Boykin Spaniel Society
OFFICERS AND THEIR ELEGTION
(a) The officers of the Foundation shall consist of a President, a Vice
President, a Secretary, and a Treasurer.
(b) Officers shall be named from time to time by the Board of Directors.
(c) Officers shall assume their official duties at the direction of the
Board of Directors and shall serve until terminated or replaced by the Board of
DUTIES OF OFFICERS
1. The President shall preside at all meetings of the Foundation and of the
Board of Directors at which he may be present; shall perform such other duties as may
be prescribed in these Bylaws or assigned to him by the Board of Directors and shall
coordinate the work of the officers and committees of the Foundation in order that the
purposes may be promoted.
2. The Vice President shall act as aide to the President and shall perform the
duties of the President in the absence or disability of that officer to act.
3. The Secretary shall record the minutes of all meetings of the Foundation
and of the Board of Directors and shall perform such other duties as may be delegated
4. The Treasurer shall have custody of all of the funds of the Foundation;
shall keep a full and accurate account of receipts and expenditures; and shall make
disbursements, as authorized by the Board of Directors. The Treasurer shall be
responsible for the maintenance of such books of account and records as conform to
the requirements of the Bylaws.
5. All officers shall:
(a) Perform the duties prescribed in the parliamentary authority in
addition to those outlined in these Bylaws and those assigned from time to time.
(b) Deliver to their successors all official material not later than ten
days following the election of their successors.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
1. The Board of Directors shall be determined from time to time by the
Member and may include one or more of the officers of the Foundation.
2. The duties of the Board of Directors shall be to transact necessary
business of the Foundation.
3. Regular meetings of the Board of Directors shall be held at such time as
fixed by the Board at its first meeting of the year. A majority of the Board of Directors
shall constitute a quorum. Special meetings of the Board of Directors may be called by
1. Regular meetings of the Foundation may be held within or without South
STANDING AND SPECIAL COMMITTEES
1. The Board of Directors may create such standing committees as it may
deem necessary to promote the purposes and carry on the work of the Foundation.
These Bylaws may be amended, repealed, or altered in whole or in part by the
CIWSS\SYB\Boykin Spaniel\Bylaws.docagraph here.